Southwest Medical University is a provincial general institution of higher learning in Sichuan Province. It is located in Luzhou, a national historical and cultural city, a national sanitary city, and a national civilized city in the combined area of Sichuan, Chongqing, Yunnan and Guizhou. The predecessor of the school was the South Sichuan Medical School in Southwest District.
- It was established in 1951 and upgraded to Luzhou Medical College in 1959.
- In 1978, upgraded to an undergraduate college and renamed Luzhou Medical College.
- In 1982, granted the right to confer a bachelor’s degree and became a master’s degree in 1993.
- It was approved to set up a post-doctoral research station.
- In 2015, it was renamed Southwest Medical University.
- Approved as a doctoral degree-granting unit in 2021.
Southwest Medical University (Former Luzhou Medical College) is a MOE Listed University which is approved by Ministry of education China for English taught MBBS. Luzhou Medical College Started enrollments of Pakistani students in 2009 for MBBS. Southwest Medical University is PMC A Listed, recognized by National Medical Commission of India NMC, MCI & Bangladesh Medical Council BMDC for English Medium MBBS.
Why Southwest Medical University:
- Southwest Medical University is recognized by Pakistan Medical Commission PMC A Listed.
- There is no requirement of HSK-4 to pass in First year Because Southwest Medical University is approved by MOE China for English Medium MBBS.
- On admission letter there will be properly mentioned English taught MBBS Clinical Medicine.
- Southwest Medical University have 5 affiliated hospitals.
- Graduated students from SWMU are eligible to apply for USMLE, PLAB, AMC, GMC & ECFMG Certifications.
- More than 5 batches of International Students have been graduated from Southwest Medical University.
- Southwest Medical College is offering different types of Scholarships for international students.
- Dormitory/Hostels are are furnished and well equipped for international students.
Southwest Medical University MBBS Fee Structure for Pakistani and International Students 2023:
Note: Student Must have good grade in HSSC to apply for MBBS in Southwest Medical University. Age Limit is 25.
MBBS English Medium (Self Finance):
Degree Awarding = Clinical Medicine (MBBS)
Degree Duration = 5+1 years
Application + Registration Fee = 2000 RMB (non-refundable)
|Fee Description||First Year||2nd-6th Per Year|
|Tuition Fee||33,000 RMB||33,000 RMB|
|Hostel Fee||6000 RMB||6000 RMB|
|Management Charges etc.||13,500 RMB||NIL|
|Insurance,Visa Extension etc.||2000 RMB||2000 RMB|
|Total in RMB||54,500 RMB||41,000 RMB|
|Total in USD||8400 USD||6300 USD|
- Student will pay the Fee in Chinese Yuan on arrival otherwise hostel will not allot to the student.
- Food Expenses, Air Ticket & Electricity Charges are not included in the fee package.
- Pakistani Student will follow the rules and Regulations of PMC & Southwest Medical University.
- Indian Students will follow the rules and regulations of National Medical Council of India (NMC).
How to apply for MBBS in Southwest Medical University :
Submit following documents to us in clear scan form to start application procedure.
- SWMU Application Form
- SSC Mark sheet (grade 10)
- HSSC Mark sheet (grade 12)
- Passport First page in Scan
- Medical Check up on Chinese physical form
- Police clearance certificate
- One Digital photo with white background
- Bank/Financial Statement
- Applicant Assessment form
- Signed Fee Package of SWMU by applicant
For MBBS in Southwest Medical University Contact:
Rawalpindi Pakistan (Head office)
Malik M. Touqeer | +92-333-5558461
Office # 0334-5558461, Landline # 051-5491141
Address : 304-G, First floor, Amna plaza, Main Peshawar road, Near Maryam Hospital, Rawalpindi, Pakistan.
Lahore Pakistan (Branch office)
Malik M. Hafeez #+92-333-5559873
Office # 0303-5559873
Address : Office # G-29, Garden heights, Opposite Mughal-e-Azam Fort, New Garden Town, Lahore, Pakistan.
China office Address:
300 Xueshi Lu, Hanpu Science and Education Zone, Yuelu District, Changsha City, Hunan China.
WhatsApp # +86-15580806357, E-mail: email@example.com
Details » Southwest Medical University:
Southwest Medical University currently has two campuses, Zhongshan and Chengbei, covering an area of 2011 acres; there are 20 colleges (departments), with more than 19,000 undergraduates, postgraduates, and international students . Since its establishment, the school has trained more than 170,000 specialized talents at all levels and various types . It has become an important base for Sichuan medical and health personnel training and scientific and technological innovation, and Sichuan, Chongqing, Yunnan and Guizhou combined regional prevention, medical treatment, scientific research and health industry service centers.
The school (including directly affiliated hospitals) has more than 8,000 medical and educational staff ; there are 1353 full-time teachers , including 584 senior titles and 641 doctoral degree personnel ; 44 doctoral supervisors and 972 master supervisors ; there are various types There are more than one hundred high-level talents, including 58 national-level high-level talents .
There are general undergraduate 32 , covering 7 disciplines; there are national, provincial first-class undergraduate specialized construction 12 , the national specialty 3 , provincial professional characteristics 3 , provincial demonstration of professional application type 5 Ge, Vigorously promote the integration of “ medical engineering, medical science, and medical literature “ , and build a medical professional education system that covers the “ full life cycle, full health process”.
The school currently has 5 directly affiliated hospitals, which have demonstrated strong emergency rescue capabilities and a high success rate in emergency public incidents and emergency rescues. As a provincial-level medical center in the four provinces (cities) of Southwest China, it protects the people’s health in the Sichuan-Chongqing-Dunnan-Guizhou integration region, and has made important contributions to the training of national and regional medical and health talents and medical services.
The school is a unit that recommends outstanding undergraduate graduates to study for master’s degree without examination, and has undertaken 5 national medical education reform projects. In 2021 , we will participate in the 10th China University Student Medical Technology Skills Competition. The four tracks of clinical medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, nursing, and preventive medicine will all advance to the national finals and win prizes. In the past 3 sessions, he won 15 provincial teaching achievement awards , including 5 first prizes .
The Southwest Medical University has successively established 33 provincial and ministerial-level scientific research platforms and 35 provincial and department-level scientific research teams such as the Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education and the Key Laboratory of Sichuan Province . It is the lead unit of the “ Sichuan 2011 Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Control Collaborative Innovation Center “ . 2016-2020 , the school approved research projects at all levels of 4655 , of which provincial and ministerial level scientific research projects and more than 444 Xiang ; provincial and ministerial level science and technology achievement award 39 items, including National Science and Technology Progress Award second prize 1 items.
The school has successively established foreign cooperation and exchange relations with 25 countries and regions, and has successfully held many international academic conferences, and has established a base for international cooperation in traditional Chinese medicine between China and Portuguese – speaking countries and regions. He has successively trained more than 500 post-doctoral, graduate and undergraduate students for countries along the “ Belt and Road ” such as Pakistan, India, and Bangladesh .
Welcome to the Southwest Medical University for English Medium MBBS program.