Ukraine ( Україна ) is a country in Central and Eastern Europe. It has an area of 6,03,628 km2, making it the largest country entirely within the European continent. Ukraine borders Russian Federation to the east and northeast, Belarus to the north-west, Poland and Slovakia to the west, Romania, Hungary and Moldova to the south-west, and the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov to the south and south-east, respectively.Ukraine is the second-largest country in Europe. At present, Ukraine is ranked at the fourth position in Europe for having the largest number of post graduates in fields of medicine. Ukraine has a number of Top Government Medical Universities offering MBBS, MD and other degrees in medicine to the local students as well as international students. All the medical universities in Ukraine are accredited by the world’s major organizations like WHO and UNESCO. Ukraine is offering Engineering , Civil Aviation , Arts , Music , International Law , MBA , Business & Management programs as well for international students.
Why Study Medical / MBBS in Ukraine ?
Ukraine Government is very keen on the improvement and development of medical education in the country. The medical universities get constant help from the Ukraine government for maintaining the standard of education. The students who graduate from a Ukraine Medical University can work in any part of the world. Here are some of the factors that attract the foreign students to get their MBBS degree from Ukraine:
- The quality of education and infrastructure in Ukraine medical colleges is very good. Some Medical universities have Foreign Teachers.
- The Curriculum & Syllabus is same according to international standard and according to PMDC / MCI & WHO requirements.
- The government is always there to help the universities in resolving research and financial issues in education.
- The expense of MBBS in Ukraine and accommodation is very low.
- No donation is required to be paid by the student for getting admission in a medical college in Ukraine.
- Many extracurricular activities and sports activities are held in the medical colleges that keep the students fit and active.
- International Students from India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Malaysia, Israel, Namibia, Iran, Saudi Arabia, other Arab Countries, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Egypt, Syria, and Ethiopia alongside Turkey, Singapore, Zambia, South Africa, other African Countries, Uganda, Cameroon, Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Zimbabwe are already studying in Ukrainian Medical colleges and universities which creates excellent environment internationally.
- The students are encouraged to take part in various seminars and international conferences.
The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine manages all the medical universities of Ukraine. These medical universities of Ukraine offer the best value for medical education for students from around the world in terms of quality, infrastructure and cost.
MBBS/MD in Ukraine for Pakistani & International students ;
Nowadays, Ukraine is gaining a lot of popularity among international students who want to pursue their MBBS from abroad. Ukraine comprises many of world class Government Medical Universities that offer MBBS, MD and other degrees in medicine at a very Low and affordable price. The students who complete their MBBS or any other medical degree from a medical university of Ukraine are eligible to apply Further study & for job in any part of the world.
The complete duration of an MBBS program in Ukraine is about 06 years including internship. wherein the first 3 years are theoretical in which about 15-20% of the classes involve hospital visit. The final 3 years involve complete practical training and regular hospital visits. The equal focus on theoretical and practical training is the perfect blend for Indian students and the perfect recipe for success.The International students are not required to pass any entrance examination to get admission in a medical university in Ukraine but for Indian students NEET is Compulsory to get admission in Ukraine . Thus Ukraine has made it very easy for the aspiring student to fulfill their dreams of becoming successful doctors. The most popular medical fields of MBBS in the medical universities of Ukraine are 1. General Medicine 2. Pediatrics 3. Pharmacy 4. Dentistry 5. Surgery & The post graduate training program includes the following aspects:- 1. Master and Phd course 2. Internship 3. Clinical Research 4. Post diploma and specialization for doctors.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Ukraine :
Ukraine has become one of the most preferable destinations for the aspiring students who want to study MBBS in abroad. Some of the advantages are listed below:
- The medical universities of Ukraine are recognized by WHO, UNESCO, MCI and medical councils of many other counties.
- The medium of instruction in Ukraine is English which makes it much easier for international students to adapt to the environment.
- The cost of accommodation is very low as compared to other countries like USA, UK and many European countries. Apart from this, the travel for students in Ukraine is very cheap. Students get special discounts for travelling within the country.
- The medical colleges of Ukraine offer high quality facilities to the students.
- The students studying MBBS in the universities of Ukraine are provided with various opportunities to participate in the international exchange programs, conferences, and other scientific projects in various international universities which opens more doors for them to achieve their goals in the field of medicine.
- Pakistani/Indian students who complete their MBBS from a Medical University of Ukraine can easily get a job in Pakistan/India as the MBBS degree obtained from a Ukraine University is recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council & Medical Council of India (MCI) Respectively.
- Another advantage of study in Ukraine is that the libraries tend to give out free books to students in higher education, so there is to not have to worry about not being able to pay for their child’s school supplies at all. In addition to this, the students are offered scholarships in higher education right away to be able to reduce school payments as well. This is an added incentive for all those people who were looking for a country that will provide the best educational system for their children in the future.
Admission Process for Study in Ukraine :
Getting admission in a medical university in Ukraine is very easy. The applicants are not required to take any exam like TOEFL or IELTS. For admission in MBBS in Ukraine, the student must fulfill the requirements mentioned below : Student will apply with these complete documentation and university will provide the admission confirmation letter with the visa letter , after that student will go to embassy for interview and after successful interview student will get student visa of Ukraine.
- The student must be above the age of 17-18 years for the admission to the MBBS course.
- The applicant must have passed the higher secondary examination HSSC or A Levels Examination which is equivalent to 10 + 2, Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two year of study comprising of physics, chemistry, and biology.
- The student should have scored a minimum of 60% marks in the 12th standard examination.
- Medical fitness certificate from the Local government hospital.
- Financial statement or bank statement with enough amount in closing balance.
- Foreign Student need to provide Police clearance certificate from Local police station which will show no criminal record.
Top Universities for MBBS Study in Ukraine
- Zaporozhye State Medical University
- VN Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
- Kyiv National Medical University
- OO Bogomolets Kiev National Medical University
- Dnepropetrovsk State Medical Academy
- Lugansk State Medical University
- Kyiv Medical University of UAFM
- Donestk National Medical University
- Ternopil State Medical University
- Odessa National Medical University
BASIC INFORMATION which you must read & study as a PREPARATORY COURSE
- All courses during MBBS in Ukraine are accessible in English, Ukrainian and Russian medium as well.
- The decision is yours. In the event that you pick English medium, you can begin the classes without experiencing a preliminary course for Russian or Ukrainian Language. In spite of the fact that you will have the Russian/ Ukrainian Language subject all through your Medical Course. This is essential as you should speak with Russians in their dialect and in this manner without the learning of Russian dialect, you will confront numerous troubles.
- However in the event that you pick Russian/ Ukrainian as your course medium then you need to experience a Preparatory Course in Russian/ Ukrainian Language.
- Remote students willing to think about in Russian/ Ukrainian Language, consider in the Preparatory Faculty where every one of the subjects required in the Medical Studies, in Russian/ Ukrainian are instructed. This is done to make them comfortable with the Russian/ Ukrainian Medical terms/wording. Students need to pass the Exam held toward the finish of the Academic Session. Simply after this, they can get confirmation in any University or school. These students can likewise work low maintenance as Interpreters.
- Classes and Lectures are joined with most recent Audio, Visual and Computer Aids. Students helped with instructors, are every now and again taken out to the business sectors, theatres and outings. By this the understudies can know the way of life of the nation and get order over the Russian/ Ukrainian dialect.
- We suggest that amid the preliminary course during MBBS in Ukraine, students should endeavour to speak with each other in Russian/ Ukrainian dialect.
Most of the Universities providing MBBS in Ukraine are more than 100 years old with some having already celebrated their 200th anniversary. More importantly, a large number of international student’s batches have already passed out from Ukraine and these colleges have the right experience and infrastructure to train Pakistani/Indian students.
All the Universities provide students with hostel facility. These hostels are equipped with facilities such as central heating, smoke detectors, libraries, lecture rooms, kitchens, sprinklers, CCTV coverage, wardens, security guards. Entry and exit in and out of the hostels are restricted to outsiders, thus maintaining the security of the students. Also, the hostels are mostly within 3-5 minutes of walking distance from the Universities. Food is also not a problem in Ukraine. All this makes MBBS in Ukraine the best option. The best thing about Ukraine is the high level of security of girls. The MBBS in Ukraine reviews of male & females students are quite satisfactory.